Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica Overview
Set in the exuberant Arenilla beach, Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica offers adults a stunning Unlimited-Luxury® getaway in Costa Rica’s Gulf of Papagayo. The secure community around Secrets Papagayo provides striking views of native flora and fauna and miles of unspoiled Pacific Coast beach. This resort boasts 202 spacious non-smoking guest rooms and suites, each with a private balcony or terrace as well as a superb UnlimitedLuxury® experience starting with 24-hour room service, a daily refreshed mini-bar and more. The Preferred Club will provide an enhanced level of luxury with 65 ocean view suites and additional privileges including access to a private lounge, upgraded bath amenities and mini-bar, concierge service, pillow menu and much more.
Guests enjoy a welcome cocktail and cool towel, limitless gourmet cuisine, without reservations, at four restaurants and one café in addition to five bars that will serve unlimited top-shelf spirits. 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Market Café. Or stay in and order room service. It’s all available at any hour day or night. Days and nights are filled with land, beach and water activities and live entertainment. Two pools and a pristine beach await. Rejuvenation reigns supreme at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia® , offering massage, body and facial treatments in 13 treatment rooms and a full-service beauty salon. Follow up this rejuvenation at the fully equipped fitness center or by taking part in one of many daily and nighttime activities.
Just 20 minutes from the Liberia Airport and a mere 15 minutes from the touristic town of Coco Beach, Secrets Papagayo offers guests a privileged location both within the resort and throughout the area for an ideal Unlimited-Luxury® getaway on the Pacific Coast.
More Resort Information
Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica offers 202 luxurious suites with views of the gardens or the Gulf of Papagayo, a private furnished terrace or patio, a king size bed or two double beds, a spacious bathroom with shower and much more.
ALL SECRETS PAPAGAYO GUEST ROOMS OFFER THE FOLLOWING:
- One king or two double beds
- Private, furnished terrace or patio
- Spacious bathroom with shower
- 48” Smart TV
- Direct dial telephone and Wi-Fi internet connection
- Daily refreshed mini-bar with beer, soft drinks and bottled water
- Coffee maker
- Hair dryer
- Vanity mirror
- 24-hour room service
- Secrets Box
- iPod docking station with alarm clock radio
- Electronic in-room safe
- Air conditioning with in-room climate control
- Slippers and bathrobes
- Full-body mirror
SECRETS PAPAGAYO ROOM CATEGORY DESCRIPTIONS
Standard Tropical View (398 sq. ft. /37 m2)
In addition to the above amenities and inclusions, the 398 sq. ft. Standard Tropical View features one king size bed, a 48” television, private balcony or terrace.
Standard Panoramic View (398 sq. ft. /37 m2)
In addition to the above amenities and inclusions, the 398 sq. ft. Standard Panoramic View features an outstanding Ocean View of the Papagayo Bay, plus one king size bed, a 48” television, private balcony or terrace.
Bungalow Suite Tropical View (452 sq. ft. /34 m2)
In addition to the above amenities and inclusions, the 452 sq. ft. Bungalow Tropical Front features one king size or two double beds, a 48” television, private balcony or terrace in a spacious room.
Bungalow Suite Tropical View – ADA (452sq. ft. /34 m2)
In addition to the above amenities and inclusions, the 452 sq. ft. Bungalow Tropical View Accessible Disabled Access (ADA) features one king size, a 48” television, private balcony or terrace in a room which is fully wheelchair accessible. All ADA rooms are connected to a Double Bed Room.
Secrets Papagayo Preferred Club
The Preferred Club is an exclusive area offering exceptional services, preferred status and amenities, and access to a private lounge. The Preferred Club suites offer impressive ocean views all in premium locations as well as:
- Personalized check-in and checkout with concierge service
- Preferred status and amenities
- Private Preferred Club Lounge
- Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Daily continental breakfast service, afternoon hot and cold hours d’oeuvres, exquisite desserts & fine liquors served in the Preferred Club Lounge
- Complimentary computer access in the Preferred Club Lounge
- Complimentary newspaper in room every day (available in English and Spanish)
SECRETS PAPAGAYO PREFERRED CLUB ROOM CATEGORY DESCRIPTIONS
Preferred Club Bungalow Suite Ocean View (452 sq. ft. /34 m2)
In addition to the above amenities and inclusions, the Preferred Club Bungalow offers stunning ocean views, one king or two double size bed, a 48” TV, and private balcony or terrace.
Preferred Club Bungalow Suite Ocean Front View (452 sq. ft. /34 m2)
In addition to the above amenities and inclusions, the Preferred Club Bungalows Ocean Front are located at some of the most convenient and attractive locations through the property, it also features one king size bed, a 48” television, private balcony or terrace.
Preferred Club Junior Suite Plunge Pool (592 sq. ft. /55 m2)
In addition to the above amenities, the 592 sq. ft. Preferred Club Junior Suite offers gorgeous ocean views, convenient living room space, a 48” TV, bedroom with king size bed and private terrace with table, chairs, two recliners and a plunge pool located on the terrace overlooking Papagayo Bay.
Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front (619 sq. ft. /57.5 m2)
In addition to the above amenities, the 619 sq. ft. Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front offers a stunning ocean front view conveniently located throughout the resort, which includes one king size bed, two whirlpools, a 48” TV, a living/seating area and private balcony.
Preferred Club Honeymoon Suite (688 sq. ft. /64 m2)
In addition to the above amenities, the 688 sq. ft. Honeymoon Suite located at the top of an ocean front hill, provides an exuberant and private atmosphere with the best view of the ocean featuring a king size bed, spacious living area, and whirlpool.
Preferred Club Presidential Suite (1,400 sq. ft. /130 m2)
In addition to the above amenities, the magnificent 1,400 sq. ft. Presidential Suite provides the best views of the ocean, featuring two bedrooms with a king size bed and a spacious living area with a bar plus a comfortable private terrace.
- 7 Connecting Rooms – All 7 connected, 1 King bed (ADA Room) with a Double bed room
- All 7 connecting rooms are ADA
In Compliance with local and national smoking regulations, smoking is currently not allowed on property. Secrets Papagayo is currently coordinating designated smoking areas around the resort (date to be determined). We kindly ask that guests refrain from smoking outside of these areas once they are open. Any guests who fail to obey these regulations will be reprimanded accordingly. Please contact the concierge for additional details.
Secrets Papagayo offers 5 dining options: 1 buffet restaurant, 3 à la carte restaurants, and a café. No reservations are required. All restaurants openings rotate throughout the week. 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Market Café. Or stay in and order room service. It’s all available at any hour day or night.New! 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Market Café. Or stay in and order room service. It’s all available at any hour day or night.
SECRETS PAPAGAYO RESTAURANTS
Market Café | Breakfast 7 a.m. – 11 a.m., Lunch 12:30 p.m. – 3 p.m., Dinner 6:30 p.m. – 10 p.m., Late night bites 11 p.m. – 6 a.m.
• A buffet specializing in international cuisine, show cooking experience with theme stations. • Approximate seating capacity: 140 • Dress Code: Breakfast and Lunch – Casual; Dinner – Casual Elegance
Seaside Grill | Lunch 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., Dinner 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
• Grilled favorites and quick bites served poolside • Approximate seating capacity: 52 • Dress Code: Lunch – Casual; Dinner – Casual Elegance
Portofino | Dinner 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
• Enjoy delectable Italian a la carte cuisine
• Approximate seating capacity: 92 • Dress Code: Formal
Himitsu | Dinner 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
• Specializing in a fusion of Pan-Asian a la carte specialties • Dress Code: Formal
Coco Café | Open 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
• Premium coffee and deli snacks served in a casual and relaxed atmosphere • Dress Code: Casual
Bermudas, long shorts or capri pants, sneakers or sandals. No sleeveless shirts for men. No bathing suits allowed. Ladies must wear a bathing suit wrap or cover-up.
Sneakers/tennis shoes or sandals, dress shirts with sleeves. No sleeveless shirts or flip flops and long pants required for men.
For men: long pants, collared shirts and dress shoes. For women: blouses, skirts, slacks or dresses and dress shoes.
SECRETS PAPAGAYO BARS
Offering five bars that serve international and domestic beverages as well as top-shelf spirits, ranging from swim-up to a music lounge.
Lobby bar featuring chic furniture for lounging with a refreshing cocktail • Hours: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Swim-up bar at the pool • Hours: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Beach and pool bar offering signature cocktails • Hours: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tropical cocktails with great ocean views by the pool and on the beach • Hours: 10 a.m. – 1 a.m.
Located next to the Spa, offering a wide selection of healthy and natural beverages and cocktails • Hours 10 a.m – 10 p.m.
*Although, the authorities have not enforced the following law in the last few years, we inform you that the local government is entitled to restrict Alcohol beverages service and sell during Easter Thursday and Friday. In the unlikely case that this law should be enforced a communication would be send to in house guests promptly.
Secrets Papagayo provides a variety of facilities to make vacations fun and entertaining. We recommend consulting the Daily Activities and Entertainment Program, as well as the Daily Activities Board located in the pool/beach area.
SECRETS PAPAGAYO ACTIVITIES/ENTERTAINMENT
- Theme nights: Beach Party, Karaoke and Shows
- Manager’s cocktail party
- Beach walks
- Water aerobics
- Cooking lessons
- Beach volleyball
- Yoga Class
- Water Volleyball
- Water Polo
- Snorkel Tour
- Tennis Courts
- Wine Tasting
- Tequila Tasting
- Rum Tasting
- Bocce Ball
- Horse shoe games
- Big screen movies under the stars
- Non-motorized water sports
- Internet center
- Casino (nearby)*
- Golf (nearby)*
Things to do in Papagayo*
- Sunset cruise
- Bay cruise tours
- Jet skiing
- Scuba diving adventures
- Upscale jewelry and arts & crafts
* Additional costs apply
Secrets Papagayo Unlimited Connectivity
The complimentary, interactive Secrets Resorts and Spas mobile app allows guests of Secrets to stay connected to those they are with, as well as friends and family back home with Unlimited Connectivity. Utilizing the app-to-app call feature, guests can make local and international calls using the resort’s Wi-Fi connection, without incurring any cell phone roaming charges. Guests can also personalize their stay by creating a user profile using email, Facebook or Twitter accounts to contact resort staff directly, book spa appointments, reserve excursions and access information about dining, resort activities, local attractions and much more. In addition, this easy-to-use, cost-saving app registers as a room extension so guests can send and receive calls throughout the resort as if they were in their room.
- Keep up with social media
- Use your room phone remotely
- Contact staff directly
- Book spa appointments
- Access the latest resort information
- Reserve excursions and more
Whether planning a walk down the aisle or embarking on a life as newlyweds, Secrets Resorts are the ideal place for monumental occasions. With stunning ceremony and reception locations as well as a lavish spa and romantic nooks throughout the property, couples can indulge in limitless pleasures and succumb to complete wedded bliss
This package is complimentary when booking a minimum of 7 nights in the Preferred Club Junior Suite Oceanview or higher, or if 5 rooms are reserved for a minimum of 3 nights at any room category.
This package includes:
- Dedicated wedding coordinator
- Symbolic Ceremony
- Bouquet for the bride
- Boutonniere for the groom
- Complimentary room for the groom the night before the wedding (based on availability)
- Preparation of the couple’s wedding day attire
- Wedding cake for up to 10 guests
- Sparkling wine toast for up to 10 guests
- Romantic nightly turndown service
- Late checkout for the couple (upon request and availability)
- 15% off spa treatments (boutique purchases not included)
Secrets of Love Wedding Package
Wedding in Paradise inclusions, plus:
- Two boutonnieres and corsages for witnesses
- Bride’s hairstyling and make-up application
- Personal dressing assistant
- One hour Silver Cocktail Party with hors d’oeuvres (20 guests)
- Natural floral centerpiece
- Wedgwood Vera Wang Love Knots champagne flutes
- 36 full color photos and wedding album
- Complimentary anniversary nights*
Secrets Ultimate Wedding Package
Secrets of Love inclusions plus…
- Gazebo décor, including chairs with white covers, ceremonial table and carpeted walkway
- Private cocktail hour with hors d’oeuvres for up to 20 guests (Gold Hors d’oeuvres Menu)
- Private dinner reception for up to 20 guests (Gold Dinner Menu)
- Live Mexican music trio during cocktail hour
- Wedding photo album with 50 high-res photos
- Video of ceremony (up to 30 minutes)
- Choice of Swedish Massage, European Facial or Salt Glow Body Scrub for two
Secrets Honeymoon & Anniversary Packages
Secrets Eternity Honeymoon Package
This package is complimentary when booking the Preferred Club Junior Suite Oceanview category or higher for 7 nights or more.
- Champagne, fresh fruit and flowers in suite upon arrival
- Breakfast in bed with Mimosas one morning (reservation with concierge required)
- Tension Release Massage for two (25 minutes)
- Choice of European Facial for two or Salt Glow Body Scrub for two
- Private beachfront dinner one evening
- Private petit fours each evening at turn-down
- Complimentary anniversary nights*
Secrets Newlywed & Anniversary Package
- Welcome letter
- Fresh fruit
- Bottle of sparkling wine
- Special turn-down service
- Breakfast in bed one morning with Mimosas (reservation required)
- 15% discount on spa treatments (product purchases not included)
*Free Anniversary Nights
When couples stay a minimum of 5 nights over their first anniversary, they can receive up to 2 complimentary nights, or stay 4 nights and receive up to 1 complimentary night!
All packages and pricing are subject to availability and may change without notice. Additional surcharges, requirements, restrictions, regulations and blackout dates may apply.